25 November 1951
The 27th Brigade Provost Detachment was formed in Hanover, West Germany. This unit would later be renamed No. 4 Provost Platoon in November 1958. In 1968, the unit would undergo a 3rd name change – 4 MP Platoon and would remain in place until it was stood down in 1992 with the withdrawal of Canadian Forces from Europe.
The seven members of the Canadian Provost Corps shown in the above photograph are believed to have been serving in Germany in the Early fifties at the time the photo was taken.