Retirement Message: WO Jim Rose
1. AFTER 34+ YEARS OF LOYAL AND DEDICATED SERVICE TO CANADIAN ARMED FORCES AND TO CANADA, WO JIM ROSE WILL RETIRE ON 31 MAR 17.
2. WO ROSE ENROLLED IN THE PRIMARY RESERVES ON 14 SEP 1982 WITH 1 ROYAL NEWFOUNDLAND REGIMENT BEFORE ACCEPTING A COMPONENT TRANSFER TO THE REGULAR FORCE ON 2 APR 1990 AS AN ARMOURED CREWMAN. HIS FIRST POSTING WAS TO THE ROYAL CANADIAN DRAGOONS IN PETAWAWA WHERE HE SERVED IN A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT ROLES, INCLUDING A DEPLOYMENT TO THE FORMER REPUBLIC OF YUGOSLAVIA AS PART OF THE ROYAL CANADIAN DRAGOONS BATTLE GROUP AND UNITED NATIONS PROTECTION FORCE UNDER OP CAVALIER.
3. IN 2002 WO ROSE REMUSTERED TO MILITARY POLICE. HE WAS POSTED TO CFB GAGETOWN, NB, FROM JANUARY 2003 TO JULY 2005. DURING THIS TIME WO ROSE DEPLOYED TO PORT AU PRINCE HAITI AS PART OF OP HALO. IN 2005 WO ROSE WAS POSTED TO THE CANADIAN FORCES NATIONAL INVESTIGATION SERVICE. AS A RESULT OF HIS WORK AS LEAD INVESTIGATOR ON A MULTI JURISDICTIONAL MAJOR CASE FILE WHILE WORKING WITH THE CFNIS, WO ROSE WAS PRESENTED WITH THE CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF COMMENDATION FOR HIS LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONALISM.
4. IN 2012 WO ROSE APPLIED FOR AND WAS ACCEPTED TO UNDERGO TRAINING AS A POLYGRAPH EXAMINER. SINCE 2013, WO ROSE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS A CAF POLYGRAPH EXAMINER. HE WAS SOUGHT OUT BY BOTH DND AND A NUMBER OF CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES TO CONDUCT POLYGRAPH EXAMINATIONS IN SUPPORT OF BOTH CRIMINAL AND SECURITY INVESTIGATIONS.
5. WO ROSE HAS BEEN OFFERED AND ACCEPTED A POSITION AS A POLYGRAPH EXAMINER WITHIN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. JIM WISHES TO THANK THE MANY SINCERE AND DEDICATED MEMBERS OF THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES HE HAS WORKED FOR, WITH AND ALONGSIDE OVER THE YEARS.
6. A DWD WILL BE HELD ON 7 APR AT 1900 IN KINGSTON AT THE RMC SENIOR STAFF MESS, 9 POINT FREDERICK DRIVE, KINGSTON, ON. IT IS JIMS WISH THAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY JOIN HIM FOR LIGHT SNACKS, CATCH UP AND TO CELEBRATE AN OUTSTANDING CAREER. DRESS FOR THE DWD IS CASUAL. FOR THOS WISHING TO ATTEND PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE WITH SGT FRANCUZ VIA RESPECTIVE EMAIL BELOW.
7. CONGRATULATORY MESSAGES CAN BE FORWARDED TO SGT FRANCUZ AT TOMASZ.FRANCUZ@FORCES.GC.CA
The latest edition of the MP Branch newsletter is now available to read online.
In this latest issue, read all about Canadian MP serving domestically and in operations, as well as in their off-time. The newsletter also includes information on charity initiatives, postings, retirements, and other news of interest to serving and retired MP.
Some of the articles this month include:
Previous issues in both English and French are available by clicking here.
Legends of the Thunderbird #6
“The Mink is the son of the Sun and lives at Qalogwis. He is foolish, amorous and full of curiosity. He killed his friend Land Otter because he coveted his wife and Frog-Woman disliked him because he has a long face, small eyes and smells. He is very greedy and fond of sea eggs. He steals clams from the houses of the women by the shore and when they complain, he turns them into starfish. Yes, Mink is greedy and covetous, but most of all he is foolish. One day he thought he would carry the Sun in his father’s place. So, arising early and before his father, he took the shining ball out to make the day, but he could not carry it and dropped it on the earth between Bella-Bella and Bella Coola where it set the forests on fire. Then were all men and animals greatly afraid for they thought the whole world would burn. They called out to Thunderbird who sent Tsona, his cousin. He put on his magic garment and there was thunder, lightning and a great hailstorm which out the fire. Even today, when the forests burn, Thunderbird will protect his people and spread his cloak and bring the rain. For his cloak is the clouds, which bring the rain in season”.
(As published in The Thunderbird Journal, Spring 1984)